Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby Announcement











I am quite pleased to announce the safe arrival of Grace Marie! She was born to Ryan and I on October 19th (exactly 9 months and two weeks after the wedding!) at 7:09pm. Gracie weighed in at 8 lbs. and was 21.5 inches long.

I am loving being a mom and all of my anxieties that I had when I first found out I was pregnant have been put to rest. Caring for her has not been a problem and I am continually amazed by Gods planning. I doubt that people would realize a baby is therapy, but it it is excellent therapy for me in many ways. Picture little snaps and buttons that work on fine- tuning motor skills. Or even singing to her as voice therapy (good thing no one else hears!) Or if I am holding her in my left hand, it forces me to do things with my right arm that I normally wouldn't have done without thinking. It has been neat to see. So not only am I blessed with a beautiful daughter, but God has seen fit to keep challenging me!

Thank you for all your prayers for me during pregnancy. I had a wonderful pregnancy and am now enjoying discovering how agile I am without a belly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, Congratulations! I am happy for you all! I was praying and waiting to hear how things went! I am ever amazed how God does ALL things well! ~Rachel K. Propert

Michael Will said...

I continue to delight at how the Lord's hand has been evidenced in every aspect of this situation. May he continue to receive the honor and glory through each of your lives! Thanks for the update.